Saturday, April 30, 2011

Get the Boy Out!!!!

It is week 40 of my wife’s pregnancy and the baby doesn’t seem to have any plans to make his grand entrance. Nine months of a very uncomfortable wife and absolutely no progress towards labor. It is like the kid likes it in there and would rather hang out than face the outside world. When I think about it the womb would be a nice place. It is climate controlled and the food is free. You hang out all day surrounded in water until that uncomfortable trip down the exit that just kind of shows up after a while. If you leave the womb it is cold, you have to breathe, and all these people poke and prod you making you cry. I would definitely stay in as long as I could to avoid the harsh reality of the real world.

The main issue is I want to meet my boy. I have been waiting to see what I am unleashing on the world. Will he be smart and have a dynamic personality? Will he be active and constantly be looking for something to satisfy his curiosity? Will he sleep all day and be content with the undivided attention of his loving parents?  I need him outside so I can find what kind of baby and eventually, the type of person he will become.

The questions that dominate my mind deal with how I will be as a parent. Will I be up to the challenge of dealing with a baby and guiding, teaching and nurturing a child hopefully molding him into a competent, productive adult? Will I be able to care for his needs and be up to the challenges he will present? I think I will be a good father but until the kid is born I will never find out.

I keep telling my wife that she needs to negotiate the release of my son with her uterus. She seems to think that the child is somehow controlling the natural process. I don’t really care who’s at fault here but between the two of them they need to come to an agreement to get the kid out.

No comments: