My life has changed forever ... or at least until my 2 year contract runs out and I pick up an Android phone. My wife relented on her 3 year protest against my getting a cell phone data plan and I celebrated my new-found freedom with an iPhone 4 and a conservative $15 data plan. It was and has been a glorious change to my everyday life. I now have the option at any moment to connect to the internet via 3G speeds and sample to plethora of information that is available.The wife was against spending money on the ability to scroll through a seeming pointless stream of tweets, Facebook posts, and unimportant email that could be accessed with a conventional computer. She thought and still thinks that a person could live a long and happy life without knowing that the drummer for the rock group Def Leppard only has ONE ARM! and that many rocks on Mars have been given strange names such as Yogi, Scooby Doo, and Indiana Jones! With out those all important tweets I would have to continue throughout life with out that pointless info floating around in my head. Besides I need all the useless info I can get my hands on just in case I have to go to one of my wifes office parties. I will someday impress a lawyer with the fact that in the original Wizard of Oz novel, Dorothy wore SILVER slippers! and sound waves travel through a hippos jaws, allowing it to hear underwater.
At this point this is about my survival from all things boring. Before if I was bored I would be alone with my own thoughts or I would have to talk to another human being (the horror!!!). Now I can surf the net from my smoking iPhone and be content with my purchase because my wife gave up and let me have a data plan. I love it when the "no" turns to "whatever" and I can claim a win even though the wife just caved in and let me do what I wanted to do three years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment