
Panasonic showed off their new 150 inch plasma TV at the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas on Monday. The screen on the TV is a life sized 11 feet wide and is the is the size of nine 50-inch plasma screens. 3000 of the behemoths have been sold and Panasonic expects many more to be purchased. It obviously isn't a in home model unless you live in a convention center.
Panasonic also showed off a prototype 50-inch plasma high-definition, thin TV. The display is 24.7 millimeters (0.97 inches) thick and weighs around 22 kilograms (48 pounds), half the weight of current high-definition TV models in similar sizes.
I just want to watch TV. I don't really care how crisp or life like the screen is. How thick or thin my TV is will never be a consideration when I make my entertainment purchases. I want to punch a remote and watch my show. Now if the remote is cool or if the TV has out of this work features like picture in picture or cook my dinner and wash my car while recording 15 shows at the same time I am all in.
Panasonic also showed off a prototype 50-inch plasma high-definition, thin TV. The display is 24.7 millimeters (0.97 inches) thick and weighs around 22 kilograms (48 pounds), half the weight of current high-definition TV models in similar sizes.
I just want to watch TV. I don't really care how crisp or life like the screen is. How thick or thin my TV is will never be a consideration when I make my entertainment purchases. I want to punch a remote and watch my show. Now if the remote is cool or if the TV has out of this work features like picture in picture or cook my dinner and wash my car while recording 15 shows at the same time I am all in.
Just did some math. The Panasonic web site lists a 65 inch HD Plasma at a cost of $9,000. After crunching some numbers I project the price of the 150 inch HD plasma at $580,775.
No comments:
Post a Comment