Friday, January 11, 2008

Cloverfield Hype

I am being caught up in the hype of this "Cloverfield"movie. If you don't know the movie is about a monster that attacks New York. From what I have read the premise of the movie is that an under water drilling company awakens/disturbs/pisses off a really big beast that starts to destroy everything in its path. There are videos showing the beasts taking down an oil rig in the middle of the Atlantic and later knocking over buildings in NY. Because the beats is supposed to be huge it won't be able to interact with the screaming humans the movie makers have included dog sized "Monster Louse”, little crab-like parasites that lives on the alien monster’s body that fall off and kill the good citizens to New York City.

My only problem is that if the rumored pics of the monster are real the beat is a Blue Whale with legs. The point of the project is to create Americas Godzilla and they go with a mutated whale. But not only a whale a whale with parasites. The seems to have gone too far.

In the trailer the head of the Statue of Liberty goes bouncing down the street which is awesome. I support any monster who destroys national monuments (see White House in Independence Day) but not a Blue whale. I don't know if I will see this movie but I am interested.

No comments: